What are the advantages of joining a club? Please add more in the comments if you can add more advantages.
- You share ideas with fellow enthusiasts. This to me is the most important one.
- You learn by acquiring new skills and knowledge.
- You can add value by teaching others.
- You make friends and expand your network.
- You can get links to buying tools, pots and other equipment.
- You can buy and sell trees.
- You can join in field trips to visit other collections.
- You can join in on Yamadori hunts.
- You have entry to conventions and shows.
- You have access to the club’s library.
- You can support the club by helping to manage the club.
- The advantages by far outweigh the costs which I find are usually quite low.
- Most clubs have websites or a presence on Facebook which gives you further exposure to all things Bonsai.
Here is a link to all Clubs in New Zealand.